AOM is showing 3rd Party Products without Permission

Get answers to your installation and setup questions.
SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

AOM is showing 3rd Party Products without Permission

Post by SWalker1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:45 am

Hello,

I receive an email from a German company who says that I'm advertising their products without permission. They want me to remove the products. I told them that I'm an Amazon affiliate. They inform me that they have already contact Amazon about it. As a results, I email Amazon Affiliate (Germany) about the situation. They says that there is nothing that they can do about it. In other words, I have to remove the product. It's only 4 products. This is going to be an major issue in the future. Amazon has already discontinue the filter merchant in the control panel. Next week, I could be forced to delete thousands of items. What can Amazon/AOM do to address this matter?
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: AOM is showing 3rd Party Products without Permission

Post by mcarp555 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:15 am

It's obviously easy to remove items by ASIN, but that doesn't mean the onus is on you to censor potentially thousands of items from the API. Whoever responded to your query over at Amazon.de is clearly mistaken. They have complete control over whatever products are displayed via the API.

I'd be interested to know if these products are visible on Amazon.de's own website. If they are, why haven't they removed them. If they are not, why can't they do the same thing in their own API?

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Post by SWalker1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:46 am

Hi mcarp555,

You're right! Look at this pathetic excuse:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Associate,

I have reviewed our previous correspondence. While I know you're disappointed with our stance on this matter, I want to assure you the information you received from our customer service on 27. January 2015 is correct.

As my colleague previously mentioned, please note that you could seek legal advice from a lawyer. Amazon.de can not take legal steps for you because we can not provide legal assistance.

We have no influence concerning content on Amazon.de that was supplied by 3rd party sellers and we can not check every offering concerning it's lawfulness in advance. For this reason our terms of a license exclude the liability of Amazon.de concerning the lawfulness of contents or linked contents which are or were related to our associates programme.

We can assure you that we will double check the special content concerning it's lawfulness and that we if necessary delete this content from our website to a further statutory violation.

Thank you for participating in the Amazon.de Partnerprogramm

Freundliche Grüße
(Amazon affiliate rep)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's very obvious that I'm talking to incompetent customer reps, not Amazon technical support.

They keep referring me to legal advice. I'm talking about Amazon API. Even the 3rd Party Vendor want to filter all products from the Amazon affiliate webpage.

And yes, this is the merchant website below:

http://www.amazon.de/shops/A3CFEHBDV6TPJ8/ref=aag_d_sh

Is there anybody that we can forward this issue to?

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:16 am

I'd put the whole burden back on Amazon, by contacting the German company and explaining to them that you have no control over what products Amazon displays to thousands of affiliates around the world, including yours. So if they don't want their products reaching a global audience, they have to complain to Amazon, unless they plan on writing individually to every Amazon.de affiliate on Earth.

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Post by SWalker1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:24 am

HAHAHAHAHAH mcarp555, you read my mind! :lol:

I respond with this below:

To All Amazon CUSTOMER Representatives!

YOU MISUNDERSTOOD MY QUESTION!!!

I am not getting a lawyer when it's something that Amazon CAN control! I will like to remove the products/or filter from the website! Again! All the products that are shown on my website are from your website! Are you familiar with Amazon API and how it works? If you do not, I do not need to be talking to you because you do not know what I'm talking about! Amazon API controls everything! Now the next representative who answer this ticket needs to know his or her stuff about Amazon API before talking to me! This is ridiculous! How can a billion dollar company hires a support team team to handle these questions but they don't know what an Amazon API is? In the meanwhile, I'm going to send a different ticket to the original Amazon about this matter!

Thank you very much!

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:06 am

Well, my suggestion was to contact the company that sent you the original letter. They need to hash it out with Amazon, not you.

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Post by SWalker1 » Wed Jan 28, 2015 11:28 am

I agree. I did that as well.

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Thu Jan 29, 2015 7:34 am

I call the Amazon Representatives "AMAZOMBIES" because I believe they are brain dead!
You can call Amazon instead of E-Mail, but the first question I would ask them is if they know what the API actually is and does!

Joe...

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Post by SWalker1 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 11:54 am

jquarta wrote:I call the Amazon Representatives "AMAZOMBIES" because I believe they are brain dead!
You can call Amazon instead of E-Mail, but the first question I would ask them is if they know what the API actually is and does!

Joe...
:lol: That's a good one! LMAO AMAZOMBIES!