Book & Audio Store Online

Are you a web designer/developer? Showcase your design portfolio here so AOM users can contact you for this service.
rmbglobalre

Book & Audio Store Online

Post by rmbglobalre » Fri Mar 15, 2013 3:15 pm

I am interested in getting pricing for the setup of a website to market books, audios (mp3's from Audible.com), DVD's, and CD's to a vertical market.

I need the whole thing done, meaning, good graphic design, setup of AOM, and ideally integration with WordPress.

Please provide references of similar work that you have done and email me or call me for additional information and/or bids: rmb@soundrealtyadvisors.com

Thank you.

Robert M. Burns
425-949-4000
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: Book & Audio Store Online

Post by mcarp555 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:58 am

AOM doesn't work with Audible.com. Can you detail what you mean by integration with WordPress? The two are completely separate programs that actually don't interact well with each other.

rmbglobalre

Post by rmbglobalre » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:11 am

Do you know of a program or theme, that does work well with Audible and Amazon (I am an Affiliate of both)?

The WordPress piece was simply because I use WordPress and like it - easy to edit things. I'll get over that if the other part works acceptably, as long as each of editing is good.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:26 am

I don't know if Amazon even allows access to a data feed from Audible. Usually with their side projects (like endless.com for shoes), they don't. Without access to the feed, it's simply not possible to do anything with it other than possibly simple links.

Amazon does have an mp3 download category available which AOM can access.

rmbglobalre

Post by rmbglobalre » Sat Mar 16, 2013 1:11 pm

And that Amazon category isn't Audible? I know they acquired Audible, but apparently that hasn't been "fully incorporated" into Amazon yet. Is the mp3 category books too, or just audios? It's books that I'm interested in primarily, hence the interest in Audible.com
mcarp555 wrote:I don't know if Amazon even allows access to a data feed from Audible. Usually with their side projects (like endless.com for shoes), they don't. Without access to the feed, it's simply not possible to do anything with it other than possibly simple links.

Amazon does have an mp3 download category available which AOM can access.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:32 pm

I really don't know that much about Audible, but it's a separate website from Amazon, just like Endless was. There's probably a lot of overlap in terms of product, but I know Endless did carry some different selections than Amazon itself. Looking at Audible's website, I don't get any sense that it will be somehow 'incorporated' into Amazon, since they've been selling mp3s for several years already.

Looking through the list of available Amazon nodes (here), I don't see any listings for audio books. Perhaps that's an area where Audible has a reach that Amazon doesn't.

I should also mention in case you're not aware, that Amazon will not allow external applications like AOM to put downloadable merchandise into the built-in shopping cart. Customers are sent directly to Amazon, as you can see in this demo site.