ASINs Seller/Shippers Changes

Share ideas on running a business and tools to help you with your websites such as hosting, traffic analytics, etc.
nationaleczema

ASINs Seller/Shippers Changes

Post by nationaleczema » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:16 pm

This may be likely more of an Amazon question, but I thought I'd see if anyone has any experience here with this issue.

I have created a store (http://store.nationaleczema.org) that caters to people with skin issues and as such is comprised of products hand picked for their use. To do this I have used all ASIN files.

While picking the products for inclusion we made sure the shipper and seller wherever possible was Amazon. A good number of our choices fit that criteria, but others were sold by other sellers and fulfilled by Amazon which was fine as well since we are trying to give our customers the best break on shipping costs.

I have noticed that even though I have not changed the ASINs the seller/shipper choices have changed for a great many products often to non-Amazon sellers/shippers which can add greatly to shipping costs for multi-item purchases. I called Amazon and got a hold of their Associate Store customer service. They said there was an algorithm that actively changes the seller/shipper options for ASINs.

If you pull up the product via it ASIN on Amazon itself you can often see the fulfilled by Amazon Buying Choice, but this is not something I can do on my store.

I feel not being able to consistently offer the best seller/shipper options on the store will be great disincentive to my customer base.

Has anyone else had this problem? How did you get around it or can you?

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: ASINs Seller/Shippers Changes

Post by mcarp555 » Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:52 pm

Have you tried various combinations of options available under the Merchant tab of your AOM control panel? This may allow you to choose which vendors are displayed for the products in your store.
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

nationaleczema

Post by nationaleczema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:31 am

Thanks a lot, Mike. This may work.

I am setting the Merchant setting to All (recommended) as a good deal of the items I have are sold through third parties.
I am also setting the Merchant Preference to Amazon Offer (When available).

I am assuming that with this config when an item has multiple Buying Choices it will default to the Amazon offer and barring that whatever the current default for the item.

If that is the case that solves the issue nicely.

nationaleczema

Post by nationaleczema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:31 am

Ah, darn. Didn't quite work.

Setting the Merchant Preference to Amazon Offer (When available) works great since if the item is sold by Amazon it will be shipped by same.

But the issue that I am having is that when Amazon is not a seller choice it may be a shipper choice for third party sellers. There does not seem to be a way to ask the store to look for shippers and give preference to Amazon.

Here's the process I am looking for:
If seller is Amazon display item
If seller is not Amazon is there a seller that ships with Amazon?
If yes display product
If no display default item

Seems if there was Shipper Preference and Use Amazon Shipping When Possible option included in the Merchant settings that would solve the issue.

Any chance of such a feature? Should I post it in the Feature Request forum?

As I said this is a big issue with my customers. Their solution is simply go to Amazon.com so they can access the better shipping deals that i am not showing.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

You can post it in the Wishlist, and Justin can see if the option is available for a future upgrade. If it's not, there's nothing we can do on our end.

Bear in mind that if customers go to Amazon via your site, you should still be getting the commission for the sale.

nationaleczema

Post by nationaleczema » Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks, Mike. I'll post a request to the Wishlist.

BlueLotus

Post by BlueLotus » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:24 am

Thanks man! I was also trying to create a store in Amazon site for my shop, and the tips you guys were sharing was useful for me too. I was not aware about Merchant tab and Wishlist, thanks for sharing the news.

----------------------------------------------
outlook email helps