Your web hosting provider?

Share ideas on running a business and tools to help you with your websites such as hosting, traffic analytics, etc.
0zas

Your web hosting provider?

Post by 0zas » Mon May 10, 2010 12:56 am

I apologize for the possible off-topic. Guys, could you tell me which web hosting company you are using at the moment? I have a problem because my current web hosting company hostrator.com is kicking me off. They say that our website is using too many server resources. But our website only gets 300 visitors per day..

Anyway, what would be your recommendations? Are you happy with your web hosting providers?

I am checking http://www.hosting24.com/ at the moment, but is it real that they can provide unlimited disk space?
I have contacted them and they say something like "1000GB disk drive costs only $30 per month, so if some day we will start running out of disk space we will simply add a new 1000GB drive so can continue uploading..".

What do you think about it? Any ideas and web hosting company name suggestions are much appreciated.
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: Your web hosting provider?

Post by mcarp555 » Mon May 10, 2010 1:41 am

I use (and always recommend) Downtown Hosts, who have provided excellent customer service over the past three years or so.

However, your problem sounds like not too many visitors, but too much bandwidth being consumed. Disk space is cheap and easy to add, so most hosts nowadays can offer 'unlimited' space, knowing you'll never need more than a few GB. It's no big deal.

But if you get hit with some unfriendly bots, they can sit on your site and spider themselves into a tizzy. And this means your sites starts taking up a disproportionate amount of CPU time. And that will get you kicked off a host very easily. Plus, for all they know, you're spamming several hundred thousands email addresses a day, so taking more than your allotted CPU cycles is a bad thing. Whether or not it's your fault, red flags start to go up.

I would check your server logs (if you can) to see how much bandwidth you're using every month, then look to see if you're getting huge hits from 'unknown bots'. You might be surprised.

Also, I'm moving this to a more appropriate area of the forum.

baja

Post by baja » Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:43 am

I am using VPS from cyberls.com. It is the best. Very good service at the best rate of $19.99 per month

jmurphy84

Post by jmurphy84 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:42 am

I don't know much about hosting24 so I cannot answer your question whether or not they are any good. But you could read through this article, it points out things one might consider when choosing a web host. I think it clarifies things up a little.

sylvester
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Post by sylvester » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:59 am

I am using umbrahosting.com VPS server 512mb to max 2048mb
This is very quality hosting. I don't have problems by over 2 years.
More hosting plans on http://www.asterhost.com and dedicated plans on http://www.thededicatedhosting.com

ralphg

Post by ralphg » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:49 am

I'm using IX for web hosting and VPS. I have chosen them because I needed unlimited bandwidth and reliable support. I never had real problems in the last six month so I can recommend them to everyone.

sujith

Post by sujith » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:43 pm

Hi i got my hosting service from xnynz and hosted my domain with them..the service provided by them is good and satisfactory..

sparks199
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Post by sparks199 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:01 am

Much was sed about goddady . iv been useing goddady for 2 years . and i am very happy with them for now .

Maddy

Post by Maddy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:39 pm

Hello,

eIndiaWebGuru is providing cheap & best web hosting service in India. Flawless services,team of expert professional & best price has made us one of the most affordable web hosting companies in India to meet the growing demand of web hosting.

Best Linux Web Hosting

Barrymore

Post by Barrymore » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:32 pm

Hello,

Generate more revenue for your company or earn extra cash by referring your clients or site visitors to HostingSource.com. It is that simple!

IT Services

thedanielrichard
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by thedanielrichard » Fri Mar 30, 2012 12:34 am

Bluehost. They have a 50,000 files and 30GB max capacity before their backup feature automatically disables for the account.

Reference:

Reminder: The Terms of Service does not allow inappropriate use of our network for online storage. Please see "UNLIMITED" USAGE POLICIES AND DEFINITIONS for more information. Files uploaded in connection with your hosted site are always welcome. Due to various causes, when your account grows larger than 30GBs or 50,000 files, our courtesy backup system no longer generates backups of any kind for your account. In order to restore the courtesy backups, you will need to bring your account below either 50,000 files or 30GBs. Please see our Terms of Service for more information.

daavidfischer

Post by daavidfischer » Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:51 am

300 visitors is not a very big count and it is sad that your host did this. I use a local host which is located near my place; they offer great service and a lot of bandwidth. You can find a number of web hosting companies online which offer great packages.

WESTWOOD
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Post by WESTWOOD » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:56 am

I use UKWebhost I have 11 AOM stores on their $9.99/mth reseller hosting, and have not had any problems in the last 2 years with them.

IcEDFiRE
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by IcEDFiRE » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:31 pm

You might want to try http://www.myhypercloud.com. I would personally go for a VPS instead of shared hosting, but that also depends on the popularity and eventually load (hits/sec) of your site.

Cheers,

d2s

Post by d2s » Fri Apr 11, 2014 10:49 pm

After reading all of these posts. I went to each hosting provider and nobody can compare to what http://www.Arvixe.com is offering. FREE Domain for Life - Unilimted bandwidth etc..