Php contact form

Share ideas on running a business and tools to help you with your websites such as hosting, traffic analytics, etc.
animas
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Php contact form

Post by animas » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:34 am

Anyone using a simple php contact form with AOM page?
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: Php contact form

Post by mcarp555 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:58 am

animas
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Post by animas » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:42 pm

What code or file did you use?

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Post by mcarp555 » Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:07 am

It's a simple little php contact form I've had for so long I can't remember where I got it from. A quick Google search for "php contact form" will turn up dozens of similar examples.

gwmbox
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by gwmbox » Sun Apr 06, 2008 6:01 pm

Here is another example http://bird-products-online.com/page-02.html

Uses phpformgenerator - create your own at http://phpformgen.sourceforge.net/new_demo/phpformgen/

Cheers

adit2me
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

A word of caution

Post by adit2me » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 am

Hi,

I have a contact form on my site. It works well enough but I did not yet restrict the use of HTML at the input thereby making it impossible to use the greater than and less than symbols. I used a part from a blog program on which I am working on to put it together.

BE VERY CAUTIOUS when you download free scripts from those sites we all know about.

Recently, I got a zip file from one of them. I unzipped and then started looking around. The php file I wanted to examine looked like most php files. There was a sub folder and in it was a simple .gif file and another that was I found out to my surprise an executable.

My first thoughts at looking into that subfolder was "What the heck is there a gif file for" . The demonstration site from whence it came made no use of this .gif.

Well, I clicked on it anyway. I even clicked on the other file. BAD...

Within about 5 to 7 seconds the second file deleted itself. I knew immediately what had happened.

I wanted to make sure that what I saw could be repeated so I deleted everything from the unzipped folder and then re-unzipped the original zip file and watched the process repeat itself.

I spent the next few days discovering what the executable was trying to do. It was capturing my post data hoping to get username and passwords and sending them to ... and that is where I stopped being a detective. I never send the un and pw. I send a variable instead and test for that where it has been posted.

I changed my routine slightly and temporarly causing whomever to receive a pointed message from me repeatedly.

My multi-purpose virus software cleaned everything up everywhere and I was on my way again.

Also, be cautious about free banner sites offering FLASH banners. The bug-a-boos are imbedded with the banner you download.

Andrew

evo
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by evo » Thu Jul 01, 2010 2:18 pm

You should also be aware that any contact form that you download should be one that denies certain character strings such as cc:, bcc:, r+, and n+ to name a few. . Essentially a spammer who knows what they are doing can append code to your contact form that will be executed and send emails to other people than who are specified in your code.

The one way that you can tell if this is happening is that you will start receiving emails of whatever the spammer is sending from your contact form. If you are receiving spam emails that look like they are coming from your server you should immediately pull down your contact form and have it secured before reposting it. Otherwise emails from your domain will end up on spam blacklists.