Google Tricks to know

Get answers to your installation and setup questions.
ahutton
Experience Level 5
Experience Level 5

Google Tricks to know

Post by ahutton » Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:48 am

Did you make the transition to Wordpress/FreshStore for your stores? I did, and I regretted it immediately.

Wordpress was the darling of Google for several years. Google ranked WP sites much higher than html sites.

I did some research and found out that the big G's love for Wordpress had fallen significantly. Here's why:

When Google sees your WP site it thinks, "BLOG" and therefore says, this site should have tons of new content every day. AS IN POSTING EVERY DAY TO YOUR OWN BLOG. Do you post new content every day or so to your WP Amazon store? Probably not. So your WP store goes in the dumper of ranking.

Google expects your content to be FRESH (It's ALL about fresh content), and with an AOM store it's pretty static.

Now that Google is back to loving html, you've still got to consider FRESH CONTENT. So how do you do that? It's not too hard. You can take positive reviews for a product and rewrite them yourself or, easier, get an account at Spin Rewriter (THE BEST) and put each review on the REVIEWS into the software and you've got all new reviews. (At least textually.) Maybe make a separate page for these reviews and link to that review on your review page.
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.