WordPress and AOM

Get answers to your installation and setup questions.
Tydbyte
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

WordPress and AOM

Post by Tydbyte » Mon Oct 07, 2013 3:37 pm

I was somewhat disconcerted to read that if I have WordPress in the root and AOM in a subdirectory that I could not use mod_rewrite with AOM.

I discovered this after turning on mod-rewrite and got a 404 message. Oh no!!

So I did some searching on this topic of .htaccess files and WordPress.

I discovered that if I do not want "pretty" permalinks in WordPress then I do not need to have a .htaccess file with mod_rewrite on in the root.

Once I turned off "pretty" permalinks in WordPress I deleted the .htaccess file in the root and reactivated mod_rewrite in AOM in the subdirectory and AOM now has SEO friendly urls.

I think that having a blog can be an important part of building a successful store for many reasons not the least of which is that WordPress plugins can provide lots of useful information about what is happening on my website in terms of traffic, bots, 404 messages and so forth.

I would be interested to hear any other experiences about using AOM with WordPress.
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Re: WordPress and AOM

Post by SWalker1 » Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:21 pm

Tydbyte wrote:I was somewhat disconcerted to read that if I have WordPress in the root and AOM in a subdirectory that I could not use mod_rewrite with AOM.

I discovered that if I do not want "pretty" permalinks in WordPress then I do not need to have a .htaccess file with mod_rewrite on in the root.

Once I turned off "pretty" permalinks in WordPress I deleted the .htaccess file in the root and reactivated mod_rewrite in AOM in the subdirectory and AOM now has SEO friendly urls.

I think that having a blog can be an important part of building a successful store for many reasons not the least of which is that WordPress plugins can provide lots of useful information about what is happening on my website in terms of traffic, bots, 404 messages and so forth.

I would be interested to hear any other experiences about using AOM with WordPress.
Try this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4718

Tydbyte
Experience Level 2
Experience Level 2

Post by Tydbyte » Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:38 pm

SWalker1 wrote:
Tydbyte wrote:I was somewhat disconcerted to read that if I have WordPress in the root and AOM in a subdirectory that I could not use mod_rewrite with AOM.

Try this viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4718
Thanks.

I did a rethink and decided to move my stores to another domain where I have my directory and I setup a subdomain for each store, i.e. the main store, the Canadian store and so on.

SWalker1
Experience Level 3
Experience Level 3

Post by SWalker1 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:33 am

That's awesome! With AOM, there are a lot of ways to build your store! This forum has a lot of great tips on making money with Amazon!

littletoons
Experience Level 10
Experience Level 10

Post by littletoons » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:46 pm

Good luck!