Google AdSense ad serving has been disabled to your site

Get answers to your installation and setup questions.
djc
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Google AdSense ad serving has been disabled to your site

Post by djc » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:35 pm

I got an email today with the above subject. Of course, it is generic form letter leaving me to determine which one of the possible list of guidelines my site is accused of violating. My AOM site does not have any adult content, so I can eliminate the easy one.

The one guideline that may fit is this:

Code: Select all

Avoid "doorway" pages created just for search engines, or other "cookie cutter" approaches such as affiliate programs with little or no original content.
Ok, I can give them that. It's an AOM store, not a blog.... However if that was the case, then I suspect I wouldn't be alone here. I did a search for Adsense here and didN't see anyone else with the same problem. Is this google guideline a new addition? Has anyone had this occur to them?
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

mcarp555
Admin
Admin

Re: Google AdSense ad serving has been disabled to your site

Post by mcarp555 » Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:36 am

I had two of my own sites hit with this yesterday. Apparently AdSense doesn't want to play with affiliate sites anymore. I'm going to replace all my AdSense units with something else.

ThanksGod
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by ThanksGod » Sat Apr 27, 2013 5:32 am

You are not alone djc.

After read your post, I quickly check my email and I got email from Adsense with the same subject.

I checked all my AOM sites and found all Adsense space are blank. Adsense have been disabled on all my AOM sites.

And this is part of the email from Adsense:
"Action required: Check all other remaining sites in your account for compliance."

We need to find Adsense alternative.

Any suggestion?

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:14 am

Same here! Google probably added Amazon's API or AOM in their algorithm deletion column! There is an appeal process, which I started with Google yesterday! They want content on API or affiliate sites which I have done. There probably is a percentage of content to API results in the algorithm, but its anybody's guess to what that is! I will play their game for awhile to see what can be done, but deep down I don't hold much hope! Personally I see their requirements for affiliates as a smoke screen only!

Joe.....

ThanksGod
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by ThanksGod » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:57 am

Two of my AOM sites have 10 pages articles, the Ads also have been disabled by Adsense. Maybe they think 10 pages still not enough compare to pages from Amazon.

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:04 am

ThanksGod wrote:Two of my AOM sites have 10 pages articles, the Ads also have been disabled by Adsense. Maybe they think 10 pages still not enough compare to pages from Amazon.
Are the articles directly on your category pages or custom pages? I believe this is what they are looking for!

Joe....

ThanksGod
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by ThanksGod » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:01 am

jquarta wrote:
ThanksGod wrote:Two of my AOM sites have 10 pages articles, the Ads also have been disabled by Adsense. Maybe they think 10 pages still not enough compare to pages from Amazon.
Are the articles directly on your category pages or custom pages? I believe this is what they are looking for!

Joe....
I use custom pages. And every article titles are listed inside custom box.

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 am

ThanksGod wrote:
jquarta wrote:

Joe....
I use custom pages. And every article titles are listed inside custom box.
You might want to try placing the full article content on a category page, rather than a box linked to a custom page! Then try the appeal process with Google with a sample page! Most internet stores do not do this, but this is probably what Google is after! Its quite unfair on Googles part!

Joe....

infomatique
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by infomatique » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:30 am

On Sunday I got this message and followed their advice to review all my remaining sites. I spent about 12 hours checking all my sites and removing Adsense from my AOM sections. Today I got two more mails relating to sites that featured AOM but did not have Adsense on any of the AOM pages (Adsense on other pages) but the domains were banned ... in all cases the emails referred to AOM pages. At this stage i cannot determine if having AOM (or similar) on a domain means that Google will not serve ads to the domain in question.

I have been with Adsense ever since they started so I am more than a bit disappointed that the relationship is coming to an end. BTW does anyone know if we website owners receive the payments that accumulated to-date?

infomatique
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by infomatique » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:35 am

My understanding is that the appeal process is a total waste of time and effort. Sadly there are no really good replacements for Adsense.

jquarta wrote:Same here! Google probably added Amazon's API or AOM in their algorithm deletion column! There is an appeal process, which I started with Google yesterday! They want content on API or affiliate sites which I have done. There probably is a percentage of content to API results in the algorithm, but its anybody's guess to what that is! I will play their game for awhile to see what can be done, but deep down I don't hold much hope! Personally I see their requirements for affiliates as a smoke screen only!

Joe.....
Last edited by infomatique on Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:01 pm

On Sunday I got this message and followed their advice to review all my remaining sites. I spent about 12 hours checking all my sites and removing Adsense from my AOM sections. Today I got two more mails relating to sites that featured AOM but did not have Adsense on any of the AOM pages (Adsense on other pages) but the domains were banned ... in all cases the emails referred to AOM pages. At this stage i cannot determine if having AOM (or similar) on a domain means that Google will not serve ads to the domain in question.

I have been with Adsense ever since they started so I am more than a bit disappointed that the relationship is coming to an end. BTW does anyone know if we website owners receive the payments that accumulated to-date?
You maybe right on the waste of time in Googles Appeal Process, I will wait and see! They want more content than API or AOM links, extremely hard to do in a store type format!

I believe they will withhold outstanding payments due! Supposedly the monies go back to the advertisers, who will get FREE ADVERTISING for the month of April!

Joe....

infomatique
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by infomatique » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:52 pm

It has just got worse for me ... I got an email from Google (search) indicating that one on my AOM sites does not meet their quality requirements. Not being served ads is a problem but not being indexed by Google is a death.

jquarta wrote:

You maybe right on the waste of time in Googles Appeal Process, I will wait and see! They want more content than API or AOM links, extremely hard to do in a store type format!

I believe they will withhold outstanding payments due! Supposedly the monies go back to the advertisers, who will get FREE ADVERTISING for the month of April!

Joe....

jquarta
Experience Level 7
Experience Level 7

Post by jquarta » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:13 pm

It has just got worse for me ... I got an email from Google (search) indicating that one on my AOM sites does not meet their quality requirements. Not being served ads is a problem but not being indexed by Google is a death.
I gave up on Google years ago! Google is not the kiss of death! Like I been saying for years, Bing/Yahoo is better for conversions anyway! Adsense is different though!

Joe....

Developer

Post by Developer » Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

ThanksGod wrote: We need to find Adsense alternative.
What's needed is additional competition in the search market...
ThanksGod wrote: Any suggestion?
Amazon has banners and widgets. You can even search for them by ad placement size. I'd recommend something complementary to your site's content,... e.g.: If you have a clothing site, create a shoe widget...

infomatique
Experience Level 1
Experience Level 1

Post by infomatique » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 pm

Based on experience Amazon Banners And Widgets do not perform very well. Also I would think that it would not make much sense to include them on an AOM site. There are two alternatives that might be worth looking at: "Betty Mills" and "Rockler" ... In the past "Betty Mills" produced a reasonable amount of revenue for me but over a period of time dropped to almost zero.

Developer wrote:
ThanksGod wrote: We need to find Adsense alternative.
What's needed is additional competition in the search market...
ThanksGod wrote: Any suggestion?
Amazon has banners and widgets. You can even search for them by ad placement size. I'd recommend something complementary to your site's content,... e.g.: If you have a clothing site, create a shoe widget...