Please check out my site

Show off your AOM store and/or ask for a critique.
texdyess

Please check out my site

Post by texdyess » Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:19 pm

Would appreciate some constructive opinions about how I set it up. Thanks.
http://www.walazoo.com
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.

littletoons
Experience Level 10
Experience Level 10

Re: Please check out my site

Post by littletoons » Sat Oct 19, 2013 10:41 pm

@texdyess:

Cute name. You've done well in setting it up and giving it a polished look along with the custom graphics, the halloween deals, regular deals. Good way to funnel people to your site via your blog. And good job on a cohesive main page with main shopping categories.
  1. What criteria do you have setup for your "deals" categories? % off?
  2. You're Contact Us graphic is stretched
  3. I would still focus on more niches and not try and sell everything you can
  4. Are you delivering your ads via the OpenX platform?
  5. Did you use this site to enter the Ebay Partner Network or did you use another site?

texdyess

Re: Please check out my site

Post by texdyess » Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 am

@littletoons

Thank you for the compliment. I developed the name based on my first 3 major affiliate relationships from years ago. When I first started in web development and affiliate marketing. My first 3 major affiliates were Walmart.com, Amazon.com, and Yahoo.com. WAL(mart)A(ma)Z(on)(yah)OO. To answer some of your questions.

Deals: I use Amazon Browse Nodes for my deals and bargains store. Amazon has a number of nodes associates can use to offer both variety and low prices. It just takes some trial and error to figure out which ones will get the desired results.

Contact Us Graphic: In what way do you see it stretched? It is sized for 20x59 pixels and shows up fine on Chrome, I.E., and Firefox. Which browser are you using where it appears stretched?

Niche Marketing: I believe people like variety. I am aware of the fact that Google, in particular, does not like sites like mine. But I believe, in general, that shopping as a whole is a niche. And that niche, though requiring more work to market, also stands to provide more avenues for profit. From a business stand point, offering variety increases probability of commissions. The flip side, however, Google Bots REALLY DO NOT LIKE WEBSITES LIKE MINE. Period. Why? I have no clue. But I am not doing this to play Google's game. There are other avenues for marketing. I focus my efforts mostly offline. I generate plenty of sales from average consumers, whom know nothing about SEO, and visit websites based on something they read in a paper, or through word of mouth. My site requires very few sales to pay for itself. I do have to work harder for my sales as a consequence. But I don't mind doing it. If I can't operate my website the way I want, then I see no point in doing it. Once most people see Walazoo, they love it.

OpenX: Yes. I do deliver my ads via OpenX. It is a great platform, and it has proven effective in optimizing my affiliate ads. I began using it when Adsense changed their T.O.S. and ceased working on my site. Rather than loose adsense, or get banned by Google for T.O.S. violations, I removed their ads and replaced them. I still use Adsense on my blog http://walazoo.blogspot.com.

Ebay Partner Network: Yes. It was this site that I used to become an affiliate for eBay.