v5.4 Update

Read the latest AOM news and announcements.
mcarp555
Admin
Admin

v5.4 Update

Post by mcarp555 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:58 am

I know a lot of people have been wondering about exactly when v5.4 will be released. So here's an update to give you the good and the bad news.

Firstly, the bad news is that as obvious as it seems, the tentative plan for a February release won't happen. In addition to having a life, Justin has been putting in 12-hour days to code and debug the features in v5.4. It's a one-man job, and we do have to feed him on occasion.

However, the good news is that the end is in sight. Most of the major coding has been done, and he's been spending more time debugging as of late, whipping the code into a final shape. He has sent me the updated template files, and I've compiled a changelog of differences between v5.3.0 and v5.4.0. Any template designers who want a copy of the changes, please pm and let me know (note that the changes are mostly minor, and some won't work until they're mated with the actual v5.4 code).

A final release date will not be set until Justin is absolutely satisfied with the code. At that point, I will finally get to see it in a completed form, and hopefully have a fresh set of eyes to see if there are any glaringly obvious issues that need to be addressed. A release date will then be set, probably for a few days after that, while we both test-drive it and continue to look for flaws.

If things continue at their current pace, I would say that there is a very strong chance of a release within the first two weeks of March. Our apologies for missing the proposed February deadline, but it's better to take the time and do it right. I'm sure everyone would agree with that.

I know Justin greatly appreciates everyone's interest and feedback while this has been in development, as do I. We both hope it will be worth the wait, as AOM continues to evolve and improve.
Associate-O-Matic is changing. For the better. 8)

Please CLICK HERE for our important announcement.